Begun in 1985 as a literacy program utilizing visual art books to teach English to children from mainland China, SEQ ART KIDS has, in the last quarter-century, grown into a full-fledged integrated arts education program. SEQ ART KIDS is a proven success and has been presented in dozens of NYC public schools.
We are proud of SEQ ART KIDS and our:
- Select staff of highly experienced artist teachers.
- Consistent, effective, and flexible workshop design.
- Careful and consistent management and supervision systems.
- Unique scaffolded and recursive learning techniques.
- In-depth evaluation and assessment processes by which the program is continually adjusted and improved.
SEQ ART KIDS workshops are available to all NYC public schools and are proven to:
- Develop a professional level of artistic competence.
- Build written, spoken, and non-verbal communication and social skills.
- Spark innate abilities for decision-making and constructive criticism.
- Train motor abilities.
- Promote ecological awareness.
- Instill pride throughout a school and its community.
- Inspire insight into international cultures.
- Help students control their processes of memory by reflecting on their own biographies and correlating their lives to art and other aspects of society.
Click here for more information about SEQ ART KIDS.